Our Educator Workshops arm teachers and administrators with specific skills and exercises that will allow them to connect with special needs students.
Understanding the need to regulate in order to educate is our primary focus, as well as introducing games and interactive play that will allow for more successful interactions.
Saturday, September 14, 2019 - 10:00 AM - Noon
This workshop will focus on utilizing improvisational skills in the classroom, particularly when working with youth on the Autism spectrum. Skills may be applied to self-contained special education programs as well as mixed classrooms that contain children without a formal diagnosis.
This workshop is designed to help with
- social integration of students with ASD into mainstream classrooms
- strategies for reducing anxiety
- increasing flexibility of thinking
- fostering cooperative work between students
- creating a comfortable environment for quieter or less verbal students to contribute their ideas
- celebration and validation of non-verbal contributions
- confidence building
- playful approaches to transitions
- ways to incorporate students' interests into classroom material
- understanding behaviors of students with ASD
- how to introduce activities to increase their success
Please click here to register. $15 per participant
This workshop will be held at Create Academy, located at 2645 N. 24th Street. Phoenix, Arizona 85008
Our Caregiver Workshops provide a space for parents and caregivers to learn exercises and skills that are rooted in improvisation, allowing for "in the moment" communication and improved flexibility.
We also aim to create a joyful, playful space where we can discuss how best to work through difficult situations in a safe and inspiring manner.
There are no upcoming Caregiver Workshops planned at this time. If you would like to be notified when workshops are announced, please click here to join our mailing list.
We also offer private workshops for organizations that are tailored to your specific needs. Please contact us for additional information.